Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jackson loooves the ladies

Jax's room continues to be in development. I'm sure it will be for a while. It's further evidence that I do have a designer mind, not just a technical one....the design is never done. The room has a weird echo so I got the idea to just hang up some fabric wrapped panels instead of art, inspired by my brother's stay, where he hung fabric on the wall so he could do some voice recording in there. In an afternoon that started out as a quick trip to Jamie's storage unit to drop off some things, then evolved into a latte and hey-why-don't-we-grab-a-sandwich, let's call Jeanne and see what she's doing, Jamie and I went to Discount Fabrics to poke around. I was browsing through the huge racks and racks of fabric, hoping to find cute kid prints that I could stand to look at without cringing when I happened upon an adorable velveteen print with pinup girls on it. It reminded me of the wallpaper in the bathroom at Kuma's Corner in Chicago. hmmmmm...that might make a good wall hanging for Jax's young developing eyes...high contrast black background, a lot of motion in the print. A little inappropriate for a baby's room, though. F-it. I'm getting it. At the cutting table, the tatooed and pierced woman helping me asked what I was using it for and when I said, "Wall art for my son's room" she responded "Cool." I definitely smiled inside on that one - Yay! I'm a cool mom!
I stretched it on to some painting canvas frames and hang it up above the changing table. The echo is gone and Jax can't keep his eyes off it!




















I did get some other fabrics that I'm still playing with and will publish photos once those are up and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment