Saturday, September 26, 2009

School Lunch Night

Tonight Andy and I are having a School Lunch night. We arrived at this dinner decision not out of nostalgia but, out of laziness. This is our menu for dinner this evening:
Appetizer...baby carrots with Ranch dressing
Main course...Grilled cheese (Colby-Jack and Pepper Jack Cheeses) with Tater tots
Dessert...chocolate chips (no, not Chocolate chip cookies but Chocolate chips, poured out of the bag into the palm of your hand)

And what wine would you pair with this gourmet meal, you ask? Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Champagne. That's right, I am well on my way to becoming a sommelier specializing in pairing excellent wine with comfort food. For the record, perhaps next time I will go with a nice Cab Franc or something.

I wish I could blame this on having a 8 week old infant in the house but sadly, I can't. Andy and I specialize in this type of thing...sleeping until noon, having popcorn or just tater tots for dinner, being 10-15 minutes late for everything. It is the Bowman-Bakun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment