Friday, November 6, 2009

Mr. Drysdale will see you now, Mr. Clampett.

I am now officially taking (at least) a year off to take care of Jackson.  In honor of that I am re-posting one of my favorite emails I have ever gotten from a co-worker.  Jeffrey, you rock.  I hope they let you out of the sandbox soon.





From: Jeffrey Warren
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 12:34 AM
To: Katie Bowman
Subject: RE: our awesome building



Mr. Drysdale will see you now, Mr. Clampett.


Jeffrey


post script...
This photo is in the Inland Steel Building, where my office was located when I worked for HOK in Chicago. (They have since relocated to CNA Center) When I transferred to the San Francisco office, I was surprised to be in essentially the same building at One Bush Street, same architect, built about the same time, same shaped floor plate, but not as shiny.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, "shiny" is my professional description. Metropolis, Dwell, Architectural Record, etc. etc... I know my word selection blows you away but, please hold all requests to pay me lots of money to write for you.

    ReplyDelete