Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not so On Demand

OK...here goes my first bitching post.
What is with this phrase "on demand" that cable channels like to throw around?  On demand means when I think of something I want to watch and it has previously aired on your channel, I should be able to go to your "on-demand" website and watch it.   YouTube can handle this-I demand to watch every Weird Al Yankovic video ever made!-but HBO, with a show that they produce? Noooo.
I'm almost ashamed to admit this but feel I have to in order to tell my sad sad tale.  OK, here goes.  *sighs*  I'm trying to watch Season two of True Blood.  As a southerner, I am deeply offended by  the bad accents on this show.  I mean they are horrific.  And when I say "horrific" I mean North and South miniseries-oh, my stars, that Orry Main is a handsome devil!-horrific.  The only one who had a close to authentic accent was Rene and we find out in the last episode of season one that his accent was fake!  I mean, I've heard a few real acadians (in ADDITION to Justin Wilson) and his accent was pretty damn good.  I digress...
Anyway, I couldn't get Season One from HBO ON Fucking Demand.  I kind of get that-it's out on DVD and they are trying to run a business.  So I order it from Netflix.  It's five disks so it takes me nearly 2 months to get through Season 1, one disk at a time.  After finishing episode 12 yesterday and dropping that little red envelope in the mail, I go to HBO On-Fucking-Demand to pick up where I left off, at the beginning of season Two.  Not AVAILABLE on HBO On Fucking Demand!!!  Why!?  Completely asinine!  HBO, I subscribe to all your bullshit channels through Dish Network.  WTF?  I paid my money, I want some on demand action. And just to rub salt in the wound, they are starting to re-run season one in the coming weeks, after I just dropped the last DVD from Netflix in the mail.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get these free online (preferably on a Mac, as we have a Mac mini hooked up to the TV) without downloading some sketchy software.  Oh, Pirate Bay, where were you when I needed you?  What? Tied up in Court?  Oh, that's too bad.  Now my tale doesn't seem so sad.  Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment